icon

battery dead, viper 791 no remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snowed500 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

Plus, when i have the truck running and then press the 2 buttons to have the truck run without the keys in the ignition

the starter ingages, grinds, and then stops.  Any clue?  By the time i get this remote start working again winter's cold days will be long gonebattery dead, viper 791 no remote start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

malakai 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
well if you read you manual or download one from this site you can find out what is shutting down the RS. You could also try starting the truck with a key in the ignition ( don't turn it on) and see if it starts, if it does you need to reprograms your bypass.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
Simply putting a key in the ignition and trying to remote start it will not work on your truck as the required resistance that the computer needs to see is generated by the ignition switch, not the head of the key.
Your RS does not know the vehicle is running, this is why the starter is turning on when the vehicle is running with the key. Grab the installation manual from the downloads section of this site. Go to page 42 "System Features Learn Routine" and familiarize yourself with it. In the programming options section for menu #3, remote start features you will find feature 3-2 will put you into voltage sensing mode 3-5 will adjust the cranking time. Set your system into voltage sensing and set your crank time to 1 second. This should allow the pit-stop mode to operate properly and verify the starter is working properly.
To the fact that your truck does not start from the remote, as others have said it is probably your bypass module that needs to be reprogrammed. This will require a little work on your part, take down the dash panel under the steering column and find the bypass module, it is typically a small plastic box about 2" x 2" with wires running to the ignition harness or OBDII connector and to the brain of the remote start/alarm. Once you find that come back on here to the downloads section and see if you can find the installation manual for it. The manual will describe how to reprogram the module in detail. If you can not find the manual here, post the exact model number of the module and I am sure some one here will be able to tell you how to relearn the module to the vehicle.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
snowed500 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for letting me know about the download section, i've never seen it before.  It would have been nice if my installation shop provided me with an install manuel for my alarmbattery dead, viper 791 no remote start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.   Well Twelvoltz i followed your advice and the pit stop option now works flawlessly.  Thanks a lot.

Now i just have to find some time between customers to take apartt the lower dash and find that bypass.

Thanks Again,

Patrick

snowed500 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2007 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

One more thing, remote start works!battery dead, viper 791 no remote start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  I guess it was the voltage setting that was messed up.  Thanks to all for their help.

Thanks Twelvoltz for your detailed instructions!

Patrick

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic