icon

2007 canyon remote start/alarm info?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Like the title says, does anybody have any "secrets" or things that I need to watch out for? I have the Astro wiring sheet and suggested modules so no need to post the full wiring schematic. If anybody can see what I see on astro, it suggests using a Passlock 5. I have never used one before and also, Im unfamiliar with the resistor setups in the 07 GM's. Does anybody have advice for this truck?
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
warpedimage3 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
just follow your wiring diagrams, i have no advice just warning you this car is a real pain in the ***.
saskpuller 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a couple with no problems. I actually found the 06/07 Ram to be tougher. I used a PLJX bypass kit with a 2205a RS. Actually, you won't have any problems using that bypass kit.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

just make sure you have the PLJX jumper set for Canyon/Colorado or you'll spend hours of time trying to figure out why it isn't working properly.... ha ha

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
so sounds like with the correct module, should be ok. Any extra relays, diodes or anything to wire up besides the module?
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

hi ive done a couple not bad to do.  my opinion is to use relays and resistors for bypass had fight with dealeship over rs issue. batt volt dropped to 10 volts while cranking bypass shut down and theft locked vehicle delaer said no problem found in spec had discussion with service manager they replaced batt but im no longer welcome in dealership new batt load test failed for voltage dropping to 10 volts i gave up fight with dealership and just did relay and resistor bypasss and no problems .  save yourself the 3 days i wasted looking at this truck double checking everything and build your own bypass sorry about the long post but theirs a issue with these trucks and ions with low cranking voltage and chevy doesn't want to admit it some shops and considering not doing these vehicle until issues cleared up

good luck
kirk
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
wow, that is very useful. This is an on the side type job, where if something were to go wrong, I would be completely liable. SO.....I may hold off. Does anybody else have a followup with this info?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic