icon

sub with 8 terminals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keysersoza 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

Please help I have a sub 15" fcw by Fusion and it has a total of 8 terminals on it.  What are they for.  I have only ever seen 2 or 4 on one sub.

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2007 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
it is a quad coil subwoofer....
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Ah yes..a "QVC"   Each set of 2 terminals is for a voice coil..so yes..you have a quad voice coil sub.

If you can find out the ohms of each coil...I will let you know how to configure it to match your amp...assuming you have one and plan on using this woofer.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
Last time I checked fusion didnt have any quad coil subs.    More then likely each coil has a pair of terminals and they are just for ease of wiring coils
I know planet audio and audiobahn do this.      
read the bottom of the sub or next to the terminals, it will say the impedance in one of thhose places, then measure the terminals with a DMM and make sure they are the same
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
take out the DMM and check continuity among the +s and the -s, and resisntance between the - and + as well...
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

You can go to the link below and find out the specs for the Fusion FCW 15

It states they come in dual 1 ohm or dual 2ohm configurations. However, they are "user rebuildable" so there is a chance someone installed a QVC assembly into the basket. But out of the box they only have 4 terminals just like any other DVC sub, as you can clearly see in the illustrations. Kinda a mystery..an enigma wrapped around a riddle.

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?action=view&product_id=36

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

jeffchilcott wrote:
Last time I checked fusion didnt have any quad coil subs.    More then likely each coil has a pair of terminals and they are just for ease of wiring coils
I know planet audio and audiobahn do this.      
read the bottom of the sub or next to the terminals, it will say the impedance in one of thhose places, then measure the terminals with a DMM and make sure they are the same

This gets my vote......   (Hey Jeff, how them batteries workin for ya?)

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
It would get my vote as well...except for the fact that fusion does not do this..well at least not in any of the manufacturers info or illustrations in thier manuals.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

Oh wait..before I open my big mouth before I think.....(me do that??)lol..let me ask this...

Are the 8 terminals configured as 2 pairs opposite each other...or 4 sets of pairs around the speaker???

If it is the first configuration my vote goes with jeff as well.    ; )

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic