icon

where not to mount the brain?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Are there certain spots or areas that should be avoided for alarm/remote start brain mounting? I'm not talking about obvious things like interference with moving parts. For example, I want to mount my brain near the driver air duct (the one in the dash near the window), with thick metal underneath it, which also sees a ground. What are your thoughts?
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Typically you'd want to put the brain where a thief couldn't easily get to it to disable it. Seems like you know that though...
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
A lot of the alarms I install I try and get the brain near the top of the dash this gets it out from the obvious spot under the dash and adds a little bit of extra security as long as all connections are secure and the brain is secure you should be fine. As you said though just make sure it is out of the way of moving parts also extreme temps. or moisture other than that though I believe anywhere you want to mount it should be fine. Just out of curiosity what kind of vehicle is it in?
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
It is for 2003 Civic 2dr, 5spd. I'm more concerned about technical issues, so that's what I wanted to know.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
After you've installed the brain and found a good place to mount it .. make sure the tilt steering doesn't compress/crimp any wires off the harness... easy thing to forget to check -- PITA to move wires once you've found a good home for them.
The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic