icon

2002 camry check engine light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lookingforvtec 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

Does any one know why after i put a remort start in to a 2002 toyota camry the check engine light came on.  This is the second time i have had this problem.   I have done a lot of remort starts in the past and never had this problem.  I need your help!!

Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Does the light come after after the car has been remote started? Or is it something that could of happened during the install....like unplugging a plug with the ignition on? Need more specifics on when it happened. You said you've had this happen twice......same vehicle?
lookingforvtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

yea I have only had problem with the 2002-2005 ish camry.  This is what happen on the first one. I installed the remote start and every thing works fine.  The custemer drove the car about 5-10 mile and the check eng light comes on.  She took it to the dealer and they said that the remort start was the problem.  I did not belived them but I removed it anyway.  After the unit was removed, she drove the car about 5-10 mi and the check eng light went out.  Well, yesterday I did another camry for a remort start, keyless , & alarm and I having the same problem. 

Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Are you connecting both ignition wires? Are you connecting both starter wires thru a relay?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lookingforvtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2007 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Yes I powered up first and second ignition & acc. First starter is power off of the brain and second starter has it own relay.  The  only thing that i can think of is that the starter wires are geting feed back so I am going to diode isolate them and see if that works.  Also I cut the starter wire for starter kill do you think that might have anything to do with it.  Maybe I cut the wrong starter wire??

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
How is the starter kill wired? Where is the 86 from the starter kill relay connected?
On Toyotas, if the starter wire sees a ground while the transmission is in gear and the car is in motion, the check-engine light will come on, with a PNP (park-neutral position) trouble code stored in the computer.
Should be able to reset it yourself by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, once the problem is corrected.
lookingforvtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

That's probaly what's wrong....how do you fix it?

docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
OH
never stop

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic