icon

ads dl, 2007 odyssey, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Same here one second and never any complaints.
mark5000 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I have been trying to install a alarm with remote start on a Odyssey 2007 for 2 months now!!! I just can’t get it to work. Need to say it’s my personal ride and I am not doing this for a customer "thank God". The problem I have been running into is that I can’t get the vehicle to start. I installed a commando 2 way alarm w/rs which is connected to an iDataLink unit. The iDatalink unit works great and can disarm/arm OEM alarm, has priority unlock and unlocks all doors and I can control my both R/L sliding doors. Every time I remote start the vehicle while my factory alarm is armed, the drives door unlocks and triggers the dome light to come on for a few second and then relocks and turns off the dome light to disarm the factory alarm -which is okay I guess. The iDatalink has a input wire (blue/white) that needs to be connected for auto start. This wire should be provided a "ground while running" stated in the manual for the iDatalink. From my rs, I connected a wire (yellow) that shows ground while the rs engages to start. This wire is mainly used to connect additional ignition using a relay while auto starting if a vehicle has additional ignition that need to be connected or a transponder. Since I do not have additional ignition to connect, I connected this wire to the blue/white wire on the iDatalink.  When the iDatalink receives ground from the rs (yellow wire), it tries to disarms the OEM alarm while the rs engages into starting the vehicle at the same time and makes the factory alarm sound. I found that the iDatalink needs to have a ground signal before the rs engages and to the main ignition wire to start. So I connected a disarm wire from the alarm system to same wire (blue/white) on the iDatalink . Now when I remote start, a ground pulse is sent to the iDatlink to disarm the factory alarm before any main ignition wire receives current from the rs and starts. However, like I said earlier, when the iDatalink receives a ground from the rs it disarms by unlocking the door and turning on the dome light for a few second. But now my aftermarket alarm sounds because it receives a ground from the dome light which I have connected as my door trigger. Please help, any help would work please.

dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
well i didnt finish reading all of that text but i remember you saying you going tachless on the honda. Why dont you run a tach from the injector. Have you tried that? When you try to auto start the vehicle does it crank? Does it try three times? Whats the symtoms
"dont ground out!"
mark5000 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hey dswift thanks for the reply....

The problem isn’t using the tach wire. It will crank and the engine starts and stays on if it senses the key. However, sometimes it won’t sense the key and it would still crank the engine normal but the engine would not start. I found out I have a problem with the key sense (transponder). I am using an iDatalink data bus unit that control’s my doors, factory alarm and works as a transponder. The iDatalink has a ground input wire that needs to be triggered to remote start the van and bypass the key sense. I have connected a yellow wire from my rs that shows "ground while running" to trigger the idatalink module for that purpose. I am not sure if I have to find a wire that has a ground signal before the rs activates and stays on during the remote start or if I need to add a relay to the yellow wire from the rs. Whatever the case is, the idatalink unit needs a ground input from a source/device to disarm the OEM alarm and bypass the key sense in order to start correctly.

dswift 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.idatalink.ca/manuals/ADS-DLSL-HA.pdf

make sure you dont miss anything. Use the above link to help you out.

"dont ground out!"
dswift 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
By the way. I've seen some of the newer Acura's like the RDX and the new MDX not work with any of the programmable transponders that are out there, If all keeps on failing man. Bury a key. Use a universal tranpsonder box. Like a Computrans or a 555uw. Hope you get this done man.
"dont ground out!"
mark5000 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, you are correct. I could use a separate transponder that uses a spare key... that would defiantly work! However, I also contacted the idatalink tech support team and I got a response that they will have an update to the software for that particular unit. The tech support told me the update should be available no later then this Wednesday. They will call me and let me know once the update is posted. I will let you know  when that happens... thanks a lot
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic