icon

dvc parallel wiring 2 different ways

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quarantine 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
from the diagram, both are parallel wired correct? is there a difference of any sort? please explain. do you prefer one over the other? is there a difference in final load? I'm a bit curious to know, and a search did not help. thanks for the input
dvc parallel wiring 2 different ways - Last Post -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Both illustrations show parallel connections of the same three points of like polarity.  I prefer the top because there would ultimately be less wire length, but use whichever way is most convenient for you in your particular application.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, both the same.  the only advantage of the latter would be that you could change the configuration (and impedence) by re-wiring at the amp, without rewiring subs.  however, this is for the most part useless, unless you are running a competition amp that is capable of very low impedences.  most systems are designed to be wired up in only a certain configuration. 

i had an old phoenix ms-2125 that i had wired in this fashion.  driving around i ran it at 2-ohms, and for shows, i would re-wire it to 1/2 ohm and show off what a 250 watt amp can do.  i wish i had known more about relays back then- i could have just ran a switch to some relays and never touched the wires with the same effect (lol-live and learn)

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
quarantine 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
thank you for replies. As of now my sub is wires as the second illustration. I was thinking of switching to the first, because thats how I see a parallel connection on different websites. So if they are the same, then a change wont be necessary.
82urq 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
roo-dog wrote:

yeah, both the same. the only advantage of the latter would be that you could change the configuration (and impedence) by re-wiring at the amp, without rewiring subs. however, this is for the most part useless, unless you are running a competition amp that is capable of very low impedences. most systems are designed to be wired up in only a certain configuration.

i had an old phoenix ms-2125 that i had wired in this fashion. driving around i ran it at 2-ohms, and for shows, i would re-wire it to 1/2 ohm and show off what a 250 watt amp can do. i wish i had known more about relays back then- i could have just ran a switch to some relays and never touched the wires with the same effect (lol-live and learn)

I would like to know more about how to set up relays to do that?
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic