icon

sion xb domelight supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luis0290640 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2007 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
This posting belongs to Javegeek(The Scion xB is equipped with a dome supervision function which turns on the dome light when you use the keyless entry, turns off the dome light 15 seconds after the doors are shut, etc. I installed a flip down monitor and tried using the dome lights which were built into it. I hooked up the continuos power, door switch, and ran a ground. The only way I could get the dome light to work was in the ON position, the DOOR postion would not work. So, I reinstalled the factory dome light, and it still will no longer work in the DOOR position. I have checked all the fuses, checked the wiring, and still nothing. It was suggested that I disconnect the battery and let it sit in order to discharge any capacitors and I have done that with no success. I would use the Toyota tech service, but they charge $50 a month to use it. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know where the dome supervision module is located? I have seen the wiring diagrams, and it says where the door trigger wire is, then it says for dome supervision use door triigger. I disconnected that plug from the fuse block and it didn't help either.) I have the same issue with my veichle. I purchased mine used, and the domelight does not work with door. I've reviewd the schematics for th 05 XB. I came to the conclusion that the door lock control relay fizzled due to improper installation of flip down monitor. Is there any way of getting around the relay and have the domelight work again. Or do I have to buy a new relay. I t looks like its a dealer only item. I would really appreciate some help.
Luis
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

the door lock control relay in in the dash up high. best way to get to it is to take the top of the dash off.

the dome light has 12volts coming in (blue w/ yellow) and the door trigger from the door lock relay (red w/ yellow) and the light is grounded through the screws that hold the light in.

there is a 10 amp Gauge fuse and a 25 amp D/L fuse for the door lock relay. do your gauges work when  you start the xB? and does the keyless still work?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic