the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 stang mach 500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Well...got a guy that went shopping on Crutchfield 4 channel kicker amp, and 2 set's of 5.25 compnants. The front subs in the doors are dual 1.2 ohm coils. they have there own amp on the drivers side. NO problem. The wonderful tech sheet that came with the stuff from crutchfield says there are 2 more amps. In the "cargo area" This is a rag top. There is nothing else in the trunk. We kind of have him talked into just using the amp on the front doors. In the doors are also a 5x7 plate setup. We will replace that with the momo componants. 

Does anyone have any helping suggestions on this car. I have never worked on a newer stang (stereo wise) The stock deck is staying for theft resistance.

ANY help, thought's, or suggestions are welcome. We are simply getting labor from this cat.

adglascoe 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
There is two amps on the back deck behind the panels, Like behind the back seat, in the trunk if there not there I can ask my buddy that works for ford's aftermarket.
adglascoe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thers nothin there but the convert. top motor.
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
From what I remember the amps that are supposed to be there are for the subs in the shaker 1000 system.  I remember playing around with the shaker 500 system a while back that had the same setup you are talking about.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

there should be two amps up high in the left kick panel for the woofers in the doors...one for each woofer. the headunit powers the mid/tweet combo in the doors along with the rears. not sure if the head or speakers has the crossovers (high pass), but hopefully the kicker amp does.  the sub out of the head is a low pass output.  the amp remote for the sub amps is a low voltage trigger, may need to use a dei 55020 or pac tr4.

hope this helps,

m

KarTuneMan 
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ween...you were on the money, and we did find the 4v turn on....strange, I thought. The little kiccker amp (350.4) is playin all on the front, and yes, crossed over....them little factory subs hump. Dual 1.2ohm voice coils.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic