icon

ford pats bypass program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 2000 ford f-150 with the pats bypass kit from omega ib-f1 it says brown - negative ground when running  i have it hooked to a hornet 560 t remote start and a prestiege apch25  when it trys to start the theft light comes on and blinks please help
never stop
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

The brown wire of the module goes here.

This wire is on the hornet.H1/1 BLUE (-) 200 mA status output

Provides a 200mA output as soon as the control module begins

the remote start process. This wire can be used to activate an

immobilizer bypass unit.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 03, 2007 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just to add a little, with the PKF1 (IBF1), the truck needs to be started with a key once, prior to operating the remote start. This allows the bypass to learn the proper code and then repeat it when remote starting. Also, make sure the red wire is to an ignition wire, not a constant hot. The picture in the diagram shows the red going to the positive battery terminal and labels it as ignition.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
docsautomotive 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

so let me see if i have this corect  the brown wire activates the bypass modual  so just grounding it will this activate   the IBF1

never stop
docsautomotive 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
 I tried it and no luck thats wy i asked and if know start the what else should i look for
never stop
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
How did you 'try' it? Did you program it first? Did you hook the brown to ground when it tried to RS? Are you sure you have the data wires correct? Would need more details to offer further assistance. I can not speak for the older versions of this product, but I use the Omega version of this piece often and I have never had a problem with it.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic