icon

2007 dodge ram mute

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snopczynski 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
I am transferring the motorola bluetooth hands free kit out of my silverado and into my 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab with diesel engine. I wanted to know if the radio has a mute input for the bluetooth kit to shut it off when I get a call? If not, how do I wire it up to shut off the radio when I get a call?
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Use a test light on each lead into the stereo until the radio mutes. Then tap in to that. It should be one of the empty spots in the harness unless you have navigation.
2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks, anyone know how to get the stock head unit out of the dash?
snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any info on getting the stock head unit out of the dash on a 2007 Dodge ram?
samsneeze 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

yeah you need to remove the entire floor console and center because there are 2 screws that hold in the face around the stereo at the bootom then remove large panel around controls and stereo by just pulling off.

Starting from the beginning remove 4x4 handle if you have then remove boot there will be 2 10mm bolts inside then remove rubber cup holder and ther will be a couple more bolts there you will need extentsion on ratchet.lift up and move floor console out of the way.next there will be 2 screws right above floor hump remove those then pull down on the center piece it will be a little hard but pull straight down.Then there will be 2 screws facing up on an angle that need to come out they screw into the bezel that goes around stereo and climate controls if you dont do fisrt you will snap them. Next grab bezel by gear shift and start pulling forward and go clockwise it will be hard. Once off unplug your wiring and 4 screws hold radio in.NOTE be careful with the dash the POS scratches so easy and when you reach in to unplug wires it tabs at bottom will scratch plastic easily. Also I bought the u connect from dodge for about 125.00 on ebay ad it is all plug and play except 1 wire into cigeratte lighter for power and it is awesome and clear and mutes the radio and rear dvd etc.

snopczynski 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a certain model u connect, or are they all the same? Is there any aux plugs or rca plugs on the back of the radio?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic