icon

h.i.d problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Nice to hear that you came around! Now do it the right way (still not legal, but sure passes for being legal, and a whole hell of a lot safer for you and other drivers that is for sure!) and put some OEM projectors in your headlights!
Here are some pics of an 06 Civic SI with OEM housings, color modded TSX projectors, philips 4300k bulbs, panasonic ballasts, and added left/right adjustments.
h.i.d problem - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Then you would be good to go! Straight even wide spread beam! And you will not be blinding people!!! I am still gathering parts to do my headlights, I am putting FX35 Bi-Xenon (Hi and low beam projectors NOT hi and low beam bulbs!) and I will also be integrating a motor to be able to adjust the aiming of the projectors while inside the vehicle and on the move.
Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
We did our first set of hids 2 weeks ago. We tried them in the factory housing non projector. Beams were very scattered, yet bright. tried them at night, had the customer drive   back in a 8 pm wow couldn't see shi* with him driving the other way. As a result we will only sell and install them if the customer purchases  projector housings so we can properly set beam height. With the proper housing they are really freakin bright without the scatter and without blinding everybody. Mods maybe a sticky on this issue would be appropriate as I see this is a common topic.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:
We did our first set of hids 2 weeks ago. We tried them in the factory housing non projector. Beams were very scattered, yet bright. tried them at night, had the customer drive   back in a 8 pm wow couldn't see shi* with him driving the other way. As a result we will only sell and install them if the customer purchases projector housings so we can properly set beam height. With the proper housing they are really freakin bright without the scatter and without blinding everybody. Mods maybe a sticky on this issue would be appropriate as I see this is a common topic.
Good idea to stop installing them, and you could be liable if the person decides to sue you! Also there are two different types of projectors, HID designed projectors, and Halogen designed projectors. The projector housings that are pre-built are 99.9% of the time halogen only style projectors, like the ones you see on e-bay. There are a few places here and there that actually sell pre-built housings with HID projectors in them, and I know quite a few people that take projectors from other vehicles and put them in your stock, OEM, or OEM style DEPO headlights, including myself.
Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic