icon

which bypass module for 05 gmc canyon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys for the 2005 gmc canyon I'm installing a 564t remote start/alarm, will the 556L work or will it be better to just do the two relay set up?First time putting my hands on this kind of truck , on the schematic I do not see a bypass module that's available for this truck but I read you could use the 556L or the two relay set up. On the relay set up document 1603 the first relay shows the purple wire from the relay pack goes to 86, and the second relay shows an ignition wire with a diode to 86, is that ignition wire for the second relay from the relay pack too?If this is correct isn't the second ignition wire from the relay pack go to the second relay since the WHITE/ blue to white and WHITE/ yellow to WHITE/ black from the truck perform keysense,second ignition,starter,and passlock? All the connections from the remote start  relay pack I need to connect is the 3 thick 12volt wires, ignition, and accessory?Am I on the right track or way off? thanks in advance. 
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Try using the PASSLOCK-SL.  You may look at the actual install manual and decide for yourself if you would feel comfortable installing it.  The link to this is http://bypasskits.fortinautoradio.com/en/products/bypass_kits/passlock-sl/?year=2005&make=11&model=2930
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
i always use the  556L and its easier than doing the relay set up but its cheaper to do the relay set up your self..
Confidence is the key to any project!!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
DEI is no longer listing the 556L as a viable bypass option on directechs.com. I think there was a longevity issue with the 556L in the Canyon/Ion platform. Instead they only list document 1603. So, it is either the Fortin/bypasskit piece listed earlier or the document but not the 556L.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
i use the PLJX usually on these with no issues....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic