mb quart reference subwoofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gee_boi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hey,

Wanted to know if anybody is running or has heard the MB Quart Reference Subwoofers. Woofersetc.com has them for a pretty good price so I was thinking about picking up one of the 10's. Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere in my area that sells these so I haven't been able to hear how they sound first hand. Also had a look on MB Quart's website and it looks like they may be discontinued or something because they don't list a subwoofer in their Reference car audio line.

Here's a link to the ones on woofersetc.com, they're the RWE-252 model.

Life without knowledge is death in disguise...
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
I think ive heard these - unless MBQ has another set of inverted-surround woofers like that.
Sadly, MBQ isnt what it used to be, but for $99 it seems like a good deal. Maybe an owner of one of these woofers will indulge you
gee_boi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks coppellstereo,

To help understand what I'm looking for, I am more concerned with sound quality than anything else, but I won't be running any really top of the line gear. I was originally looking at a JBL GTO amp, and a single 10" Kicker comp VR sub. Will also be adding some components up front, maybe infinity. I plan to run the comps and subwoofer off a single 4-ch. amp.

From the sub I was just hoping to get something with clear, deep base, but not "hear me from a block away" base. I listen to a wide variety of music from hip-hop to reggae, jazz to house, and the occasional rock tune now and then.

Life without knowledge is death in disguise...
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
These subs are a alright sub, I just received a warranty one into my shop after being without for over a year. It took me ripping a strip off of MB Quart on a forum like this to get them to look after me. I am their customer, I replaced the sub to my customer right away. They needed to get me looked after. If MB does not have them, a unauthorized dealer is going to have issues with providing you a warranty on one. With so many shops in Canada, why not deal in Canada? The cost of shipping  a heavy item like a sub, clearing customs, duty, gst and pst, $ conersion all needs to be added to that good deal. So while it may be a great deal for a US based customer, up here in the Great White North, it is far from a good deal at all.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mystereobangs 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Those are some mean subs. I had those subs(the all black subwoofers) hook up to my directed d1200 amp and man everyone was saying my system was banging! That was only with 225 watts going to each sub. And you will get heard blocks away. The subwoofers are loud becuase of the 92 DB rating
But these subs aren't neccesary competition subs.. There bass is deep but it isn't all that hard. But the subs has amazing clarity. I traded them subs in for some rockford p3. The rockfords bang HARDER but the rockfords didn't have any sound quality so I traded them in for directed SX subwoofers and I'm satisfied with them.
But for what your looking for, get the Mb quartz. You will be SATISFIED!
They have amazing sound quality ..
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
5.25 kicker fronts
6 1/2 kicker rear
Directed D1200 Amp
2 Directed Audio SX Subwoofers
mystereobangs 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Huum, I might just buy them subs...
Pioneer DEH-P6800MP