icon

required alternator amperage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
  250 amps at 1600 rpm and 100 amps at idle is pretty good. 
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
www.ohiogen.com
One of the best HO Alternators out there.
Shaking The Neighborhood
johnny k-doe 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

I have decided what I am going to do.  A friend of mine had an alternator rebuilt for his Road Runner at  a local shop called Finch Alternator & Starter Rebuilders.  High quality work.  The guy has been doing this for over 30 years, and really seems to know what he is doing.  He can rebuild my alternator to 250A for $350, installed.  He has test equipment to hook up to the alternator, so I will be able to see actual output at various RPM.

I really think that getting the work done at a local shop has several advantages to buying a new one off the internet or out-of-state. 

I did call Ohio Gen.  They seemed to do quality work, but they were a little out of my price range.

I am waiting for my tax refund before I get my alt. rebuilt, so it will be awhile before I get a chance to post how everything went.  I'll take some pictures, too, since everyone likes pictures.   required alternator amperage - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I have another question, though.  Should I go ahead and buy a new battery when I get my newly rebuilt alternator, or can I just charge my current battery (about 2-3 years old) and get the same results?  My battery is just a Super Start from, I think, O'Reilly. 

jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Good looking around.

Have your battery load tested while your there and base your decision on that. -I think you should while you still have your income tax money.required alternator amperage - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic