icon

loud whine, local audio shop can't fix.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

You're right (did I need to say that? no).

Noone, other than the true audiophiles, believe me when I say 75%! Their loss.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden wrote:
In this case the rule has about 75% or more of the market vs. 25% for the exception. This is all about the $. It will cost Pioneer far too much money to redesign the circuit to please the 25%.

25% for the exception!?

forbidden, honestly, I think this figure is tragically high. 

I'd be far less forgiving.  Maybe 98.5% and 1.5%.

The vast, vast majority of electronic consumers have absolutely no idea how anything electric.. even a light switch.. actually works.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
econobox 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I hate the buzz the Pioneers have but I love the user interface. I figured out the problem so I'm all good.
It was a big combination of problems. All of them were related to the previous owners laziness.
1. Non resistor type spark plugs. swapped for NGK resistor type plugs
2. Non shielded plug wire. Got NGK resistor type shielded wires.
3. Wrong alternator for the swapped engine. Grabbed the right one used for cheap. And I redid the main wire with 8 guage and glod connectors. I also added and extra ground to the body of the alternator.
I also went ahead redid all of the wires. I swapped the power wires from the passenger side and ran them down the driver side, this moved it further from the ECU. I moved the RCAs to run down the middle of the car( typically a big no no but Civics have no wiring down the middle of the car so this is the least possible interference)
What does everyone recomend as a good Double DIN touch screen HU? I'm planning to upgrade from the Pioneer to get better SQ soon.
austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
It is actually far more profitable for Pioneer to not fix the problem, not because it would cost a lot to redesign the circuit board, but because people are stupid. Like sedate said, most electronic consumers don't even know how a light switch works. I've had customers go through upwards of 4 or 5 Pioneer decks in a single year trying to eliminate the noise. I would bet money that if Best Buy went out of business, Pioneer would become another Dual....with $80 deck and speaker sets sold only in Wal-Marts.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic