icon

2001 gmc sierra remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
to make life easier just program the alarm to use voltage checking instead of engine checking.. using a bit write its fast and easy.  Remeber if you think you found your tach wire then you must have your door open and the turn on the car.  Hold the valet button and you will hear a click from the 791vx.  That would indicate that it has programed
jose23 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Trust me, that white wire behind the dash gauges IS the tach wire. Why do you keep asking if it's the bypass though? You absolutely have to bypass the Passlock2 for remote start to work. There is NO WAY around that.  No matter what you do, the truck simply will NOT start if you don't bypass the Passlock2.
bisdhawks25 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
so, which bypass should i use?? i dont think one that requires a key will work because my truck wont start with the key in the ignition
jose23 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
With Passlock2, there is NO chip in the key. Everything is in the vehicle's ignition. Regarding which bypass module to get, it all depends on how easy you want the install to be and how much you want to spend. Like I said, I used the Dei 555L and eveything works great. There is one up for auction on eBay right now at a pretty good price with priority mail shipping, too (so it'll get to you pretty fast). If you're interested, just type in the following item number into the search box (on eBay): 270112868690
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic