Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
any thoughts on the JBL GTO755.6
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Reeceddog wrote:
Or would it be better to have 3 of the same subs, with the interior on a 4-channel and the subs on a 5/6 channel in 3 channel mode.

Uhh.  That.

You don't need free air subs with trunk subs.  This is pointless and probably impossible to do well.

If you are running this amplifier as a cabin amplifier, then for god sakes man, buy a cabin amplifier.  You certainly don't need a 5-channel.. the 5-channel is going to become something of a 5th wheel ... epecially b/c your free-air sub/trunk sub idea really is totally unworkable.

With a 6-channel however, you'd have far, far more flexibility.

Reeceddogg wrote:
any thoughts on the JBL GTO755.6

I mean JBL amps are okay.  Not really noteworthy in any paticular aspect, but a decent mid-lower end contender.  I had a JBL 4 channel when I was a kid that I really liked.

I think here I will still stick by my original recommendation of the JL Audio 6450.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
tweety 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I am sorry for jacking into this thread but I was searching for comments on the 500/5 amp and this came up.
I am attempting and with no success, to connect the 500/5 with a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 in my 911.
The car comes comes stock with 12 speakers and 1 sub, all Bose stuff. The speakers will remain until I find something else that I like.
Problem is that I am either really stupid or not seeing something simple in front of me.
How does one connect all these speakers using the head unit and the amp? Can all these speakers actually be run with this one amp? That was my original intent.
Currently all I can get out of this is the sub and nothing else.
Sorry for the thread jack.
bob.
Reeceddogg 
Copper - Posts: 329
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
There's a bose interface you can buy or you can either rewire the entire car.
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2007 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Yea your able to hook them all up to one amp it all has to do with the impedance so your not over driving the amp. But you have to know what your doing not a lot of fun at least I don't think so.
jayjae 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
audison makes a couple 5 and 6 channel amps
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed quite a few of the JBL 6-channel amps with ONLY GOOD feedback from my customers. I love the amps front panel controls as well, glad to see they and other companies are now doing this as well... makes adjusting the amp much easier.
Many reputable amplifier companies make 5-6 channel amplifiers, just depends on what you are looking for and how much you are willing to spend. Personally speaking .. if you are looking for something for a daily driver type of install and you aren't a sort of Hi-Fi audio buff looking for a competition level amplifier, you won't hear any audible difference in the JBL 6-channel and the other amps listed on this thread.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic