icon

viper 791 remote start for 01 prelude

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

let me install it for you. an alarm is only as good as the install. then again the rat nest might scare people away too!!! lol

dis_boi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

Tach is a blue lead with a two-way plug coming off engine bay loom near a suspension strut, on UK models it's the driver's side.

Bring the red lead to alarm CPU brown,locally ground or better still bring it back to alarm CPU with a shared ground or join by soldering to black from alarm.

found the tach (its on passenger side for US version)
ok i just got new transmitter in mail from ebay(pretty good source to find replacement)
Oh and to the gentleman above- i want to do this as a learning experience for future reference :)

remote start problem:

1. does not remotestart with out key in on position(means i not wire up d555 correct?)can some one give me some detail on wiring.

2. i KNOW something has to be wired to the CLUTCH since its a 5speed( which wire would that be)

3. the speedo lights flash everytime it tries to remote start- it continues to flash every 5 seconds(is it suppose to?)

01 prelude -_-
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2007 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

1) clutch = blue/black wire above clutch pedal --> needs to see (-); you must use a relay:

85-(-)input while RStarting  --- you can use the status output wire off the viper

86-12volt fused constant
30- chassis ground 
87-output blue/black prelude wire

2) the dash lights will come on whenever the park lights come on -- that's probably what you're seeing each r/s attempt

3) 555d has a red wire that needs to see 12 volts constant, a blue wire that needs to be connected to the status output wire of the viper, and a black wire that needs to be connected to chassis ground.  You sure you programmed it properly?

The search function is your friend.
dis_boi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have to get a relay... no problem

well ok (#2) the lights go one as a r/s attempt... question- is it suppose to continue to attempt even after i have started the car by putting the key near the key cylinder and depressed the clutch(since i hav not corrected problem 1)

01 prelude -_-
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
Are you saying that it the engine is running and that it tried to crank again? Or, did the engine stall and it tried to start?
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
I remember back when threads that had people putting automatic remote starters in standard transmission cars were immediately locked.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds like he's saying he put the key head next to the transponder reciever and depressed the clutch AND the car started .. yet the remote starter doesn't know that it's running at this point --> so it keeps attempting -->

Tach wire vs. voltage sense ---> which one did you use?

If Tach wire, which wire did you use, and did you tach-learn the brain (for that matter, did you voltage learn the brain?)?

The search function is your friend.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic