icon

thats it im done with flea market amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
butcha 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2007 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

first off in my defense ive been dealing with flea matrket vendors for about 5 years and their ghetto stuff is off the chain cheap and sounds great! well everyone who knows about the system im building for the tahoe 4 15" kicker comp cvr's it was suppose to be a kicker 1500.1 but the guy at the flea market pulled a fast one on us gave me a  used and burnt up amp but it was perfectly wrapped up in its original plastic, owners manual and all. we get home connect it and guess what  no sound after an hour of trouble shooting we figured out the amp was bad.. drive back to the flea market and the guy said we burnt it up so we thought we were 450 bucks in the hole after about 30 min of going back and forth we knew we werent gonna get are money back so we came to an agreement 400 bucks of credit this is coming from a kicker dealer who said we had warranty..so we went home with a merlon 200.2 specs on this amp was perfect 2000 watts at 1.5 ohms rms (ive used this amo before never had a problem with it i had it on two 15" kicker comp cvrs never cut off but it did run hot like the sun) so we get back home connect it  and after 30 seconds of playing with the gain turned all the way down the 2 40 amp fuses pop what is the reason for this plus the ground gets hot but just after the distribution block to the amp the 2 awg stays cool to a touch what would be a good solution other than buying another amp it just sucks that we would have to wait a couple of months for the amp we want were what u would call a baller on a budget but from here on out name brand and respectable shops only i promise...

equipment:

2 awg wire from front to back into 2 dstibution block 2awg in 4awg out to amp same goes for ground

two red top batteries up front ran parallel

a h/o alternater 175 amps

4 15" kicker comp cvrs ran to 2 ohms

200.2 merlon audio amp

pioneer 7900

my friends call me butcher i fear no wires that dont belong.......................
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry you had to learn this the hard way, but brick and motor independent dealers will stand by you because they want a long term customer. Thank you 4 the post, hopefully it will convince people that your local retailer is the best place to do business.
There is no such thing as free installation!
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
that kinda sucks man...I feel for you for sure...sometimes a few of us have to learn the hard way to keep the integrity of the grading curve!
usually if you find a good dealer and stick with them, they will make it worth your while to shop there...I cant remember the last time I paid anywhere near retail for anything...I had a few year lull in my purchases and still didnt have a problem when I resurfaced here recently...its worth it to pay a couple extra bucks, it will come back to you in time...
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

Atleast you learned a lesson, some never learn and continue to buy crap and complain when it dies. Had a highschool baller yesterday crying because his audiobum amp wouldn't work and it was brand new, it his second one do you think he bought an amp from me. Uhh I'll order another its only $200, 200 +200 still equals 400 in my book. Brick and mortar is the only way to get good service.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
Welcome back from the dark side.
Support the12volt.com
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I quit going to flea markets when I stopped asking my parents for money. It was easier to spend their money on junk than my own.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic