icon

remote cable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
canthink344 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Well, first off I am new to the forum, so hello everyone. Anyhow, on to my issue- I am installing a system into my boat (Malibu 23LSV) and I decided to install the harmon/Kardon Drive + Play (the first version) and so I got it installed and everything but not I got a couple problems; First the remote from my deck puts out about 10.7 volts and the damn thing wont turn on unless I got my full 12. So unless I wire it always on then I don’t know what to do, anyone got any recommendations?
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

There should be 2 power wires to your head unit.... Always on, which is your memory wire, and a switched power wire, which should connect to your ignition.

Run them both to the battery, but somewhere nearby your head unit, put a switch (obviously one rated for marine use) inline. That way to get playing power, you just turn the switch on.

Now that I stop and think for a second, check your ground. May not have a good connection... this is how to find out if you have a good ground.

It's the black wire btw remote cable - Last Post -- posted image.

Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic