icon

problems with viper 300

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrightpigpen 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 91 Firebird with a Viper 300 car alarm.  The alarm was installed in 1991.  The car has been sitting for a while and I put a new battery in the car.  The problem I am having is the alarm will arm, The lights flash, doors lock but there are no chirps indicating that the alarm is on.  Also, if I set the alarm off by holding the button down on the remote the lights will flash, but the audible alarm does not go off.    The car will crank, but not start.  I am trying to determine if there is a problem with the alarm causing the car not to start or if there is something wrong with the car causing it not to start.   I have turned the alarm off with the valet switch and it still won't start.  The remote that I have is a one button remote and I don't have the LED light installed. 
Pigpen
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
If there is no chirp, it might be in valet mode
(is the LED on solid?) if so, get out of valet mode by opening your doors and pressing lock then unlock then lock.
if the car is cranking, then that means that the alarm;s starter kill is disabled.
The only thing the alarm is messing with is the starter and since thats disabled, i assume the problem is with the car itself.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
burns25 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

If it has starter kill it shouldn't allow it to crank at all.  Check the siren and make sure it's grounded still.  If I had to guess it was probably grounded in the engine compartment somewhere and it's probably rusted out now so it won't work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic