icon

parking light won’t light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2007 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have a commando rs560, the white wire on the alarm brand provide +12V ouput. I installed this a Jeep Cherekee 1995 and the parking lights is +12V blue/red. The parking lights work find after the installation. But now it is not working means the parking lights won't lit when lock/unlock/remote start. I check the output +12V on the alarm brain. It did give out 12V so there is no problem when the alarm unit.  I tested the wire where the white wire on the alarm unit that get connected to the blue/red wire on the vehicle, NO LIT. I turned on the parking light at switch of the car if works fine and I also test blue/red wire. It does output +12 when using the parking light switch but won't lit when lock/unlock/remote start. So what could be wrong here. The blue/red wire at the driver kick panel cannot lit the parking light when it recieves +12 from the alarm unit. Is the headlight switch call the dimmer switch, When I turn on the parking light/headlight, is that call the headlight swtich or dimmer swtich. I get the same exact problem with the parking light on 1997 honda accord. What could be wrong? It was working fine. All the fuse are check they are all good. Any help would be appreciated

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Sounds like you have your Jeep hooked up correctly -- what is the RED / white wire (from the Commando) hooked up to?  It shouldn't be hooked up to anything.

The dimmer switch is on the dashboard, not the stalk.  When you turn on the parking lights or headlights, that's called the park light/headlight switch/stalk.

Are you sure you have the blue/red wire on the Jeep?  You tested this with a voltmeter with the park lights on and off and saw 12 volts when on, and 0 vdc when off?

You have a commando rs560 in an Accord also?

The search function is your friend.
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

RED / White is not hooked up to anything because the parking light on the Jeep is +12V and I follow the instruction on the manual of the RS560. The blue/red wire is the parking lights wire for the Jeep, I turned on the switch, and it read 12V and 0V when I turned the switch off. I installed the Scytek 5100 and it acted the same way like this jeep. There is nothing wrong with the output on the alarm unit, and the parking lights are on when you turned the parking/headlights switch in the car. But when you connect the parking comming off your alarm unit to the parking lights wire on the vehicle. If won't lit the parking light during lock/unlock/RS, Everything works fine but the parking lights. This is really frustrating because the fuse not blow, using the voltmeter to test all the wires, but when fed a +12V to the parking lights, no LIT. What would be the possible causing this problem?

peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2007 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
You may have the wrong blue/red wire.  Are you finding this wire in the driver's kick panel or at the steering column harness?
minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
At driver kick panel, and moreover the parking lights has been working almost 6 months, and all of sudden it stopped. So it can't be the wrong wire. If it is wrong, it would be working in the first place when I installed it. Test with DMM, and everything but now no LIT when the+12V  wire from the alarm unit fed to this blue/red wire of the jeep. This problem is very interesting, and frustrated me. Anyone running into a problem like this before, please help.
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
If you are drawing to much current you may have screwed up the relay in the brain of the starter. try throwing a relay in to boost the power to the park light circuit (just fuse properly).
peterubers 
Posted: June 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  

so answer this one question (it's difficult to understand your chronology of events):

1) with a DMM, does the parking light output wire from the brain put out 12 volts? If yes, then I agree with cneubert, rig a relay as follows:

85: parking light output wire from brain +

86: chassis ground

87: to parking light wire on jeep

30: 12 volts fused positive from battery or other 12 volt constant source (min. 20A fuse)

minhbach 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  

Peterubers, I answered your question already, I tested with DMM, and the output from the brain of the alarm system showed +12V when lock/unlock/RS, but when it fed through the parking lights of the vehicle from the brain. NO parking light LIT when lock/unlock/RS. This has been working for a while and then it stopped so I agreed with Cneubert that the relay may be a good option to try booting up the power from the brain.

On the 1997 accord, as I mentioned in my post, it carried to same problem but this one is a bit different, the customer whom I installed the scytek 5100, he used to have ez-2100 commando RS, the parking was working and stopped on EZ-2100.  And everything work fine for a while without the parking light after that, the system cannot lock,unlock/RS. That's why I replaced the scyteck 5100, After the installation was completed, everything worked except the parking light. And one night he RS start his car, he saw the parking flashing and next day he got the airbag light comes on.

My thought is that, there is a male function of the parking lights relay on the vehicle to cause this problem.

I will try to add a relay as Cneubert said, and also try to connect  the wire from alarm brain at the headlight switches instead of driver kick panel

Any more solutions to this problem is kindly appreciated.

peterubers 
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  

good luck.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
wire up a relay like peterubers suggested....you have nothing to loooooz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic