icon

rs is starting to fail

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cneubert42 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
you may want to try a different button configuration for remote start. if you have say a star button to activate the starter try programming the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously or another unused combo of buttons, that would at least rule out if it is a bad button on the remote.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2007 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Check your battery terminals under the hood as well. Clean them if they look poopie.rs is starting to fail - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the replies guys.
I didn't get a chance to check it last night, although the remote starter did act up twice on the way home from work.
As I was leaving work I remotely rolled down the windws, remotely started the car (and it worked), unlocked the car and got in, and then as I was shutting the door the car shut off. I was waiting for it to shut off when I did something like open the door, but this time it just did it whenever it wanted.
Then I stopped at the library on the way home and left the car remotely running (pit stop thingie), and when I came out 5 minutes later it wasn't running.
This morning it didn't even respond to the remote start button, but the other buttons did work.
I will definitely try all the suggestions.
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

If the remote start is the only thing that is acting up now then it may be that your start relay is going bad.  The vibration from opening or closing the door could be dropping it.  Or, it could be that the contacts are worn or corroded.

You may want to check that.

Pioneer AVIC-Z1, JL 8W3V2, XR650CSi, 300/4, 250/1, Bluetooth, XM, A/V switch, Backup Cam, Autopage RS-1000
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Just another thought...  Is the ignition still on when you get back to the car even if the engine is not running?  If so then it could be that the remote start relay is faulty.
Pioneer AVIC-Z1, JL 8W3V2, XR650CSi, 300/4, 250/1, Bluetooth, XM, A/V switch, Backup Cam, Autopage RS-1000
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic