icon

which alarm system for my jeep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roknazn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE with an Auto Tranny. I am thinking about doing the install myself. I am looking at the Clifford MATRIX RSX 5.5 or Viper 5900. Any tips on what unit I should get? I am mechanical and electrial inclined person. In addition with this kit. I will be adding a Motion Sensor (Radar), and Anti Tilt Sensor. Any hints would be great!

Thanks

Anthony

slab42 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2007 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
After owning several jeeps, my advice would be to put a switch on the power lead to the prox sensor (should be installed in the center console).  I have had many false alarms on my prox sensor due to wind blowing leaves around in the car, etc.  Put the switch somewhere near the prox sensor, so it cannot be switched without setting off the alarm.  Being able to turn it off, but keep the alarm armed is invaluable.  I always put a switch on prox sensors that I install in customers' cars, cuz I know how much of a headache they can be, and not every alarm has the ability to disable zones.
roknazn 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

No help?? Come on Guys...Newbie here that needs help...

slab42 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Did I not reply to your post?  I DID help.  Try reading the replies before replying yourself... As for which one, they are the same thing, just a different color remote!  WHEN IT COMES TO FUNCTIONALITY, THEY ARE IDENTICAL!  Both are made by DEI, just different plastic shells on the remotes.  Just get whichever one you can get cheaper, etc.
roknazn 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

slab42 wrote:
Did I not reply to your post?  I DID help.  Try reading the replies before replying yourself... As for which one, they are the same thing, just a different color remote!  WHEN IT COMES TO FUNCTIONALITY, THEY ARE IDENTICAL!  Both are made by DEI, just different plastic shells on the remotes.  Just get whichever one you can get cheaper, etc.

I was talking about install and etc... Plus wanted to make sure my models that I want wasnt overKill that is all.

Thanks

Anthony

sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to protecting your vehicle.  As far as tips on the install, take your time, use a dmm, and if you are not 100% sure that you can do it, pay somebody. (If you don't know what a dmm is, pay someone to do it.)
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2007 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
If you spend some time searching this site you can find almost anything you need. Look under basics at the top of the page and look throught the security section. Good vehicle for your first install! Do you already have wiring info for the vehicle? If you run across a problem during the install, post here and i'm sure someone will help.
roknazn 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
If you spend some time searching this site you can find almost anything you need. Look under basics at the top of the page and look throught the security section. Good vehicle for your first install! Do you already have wiring info for the vehicle? If you run across a problem during the install, post here and i'm sure someone will help.

Yes, I found the Security Info. That tells me where all the wires are to install the Alarm. Thanks for the encouragement...I will report when I start installing the Unit...

Thanks

Anthony

roknazn 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  

sarcomax wrote:
there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to protecting your vehicle.  As far as tips on the install, take your time, use a dmm, and if you are not 100% sure that you can do it, pay somebody. (If you don't know what a dmm is, pay someone to do it.)

Hello a DMM is a Digital MultiMeter...haha Come on give me some credit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic