icon

alarm wont open doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dkeshish 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys I had my alarm installed about a year ago in my 2006 chrysler 300. the alarm is a clifford matrix, for some apparent reason recently when i press the disarm/unlock button the doors wont unlock. The speaker makes the disarm noise, but the doors wont unlock, so i need to use the keyless entry. Anyone know why this has happened? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt... Strange. Thanks
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like either a loose connection or the alarm is not giving an output.  Look for the unlock which i think is green and see where it leads.  Also test that wire with a DMM to see if its giving an output,
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
Eric it's BLUE  not green. Regards H.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

sorry, yes its blue,....always get them mixed up.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure of the lock outputs on Matrix but if it's low current like the Concept 450 etc, you might need a diode each side to condition it or a 450 lock module, methinks body control module is "overpowering"  the alarm's lock/unlock outputs.
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
try looking at the wires connected to the vehicle's lock/unlock wire.  this vehicle has a single wire system that requires a negative pulse through a resistor to lock and another through a different value resistor for unlock.  the resistor for unlock probably broke off a lead of the resistor itself and is no longer able to unlock the car.  i have seen it before on my mother's 2001 grand am which is also 1 wire doorlocks.  check that first or bring it back to the installer/shop and have them check it out.
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
dkeshish 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Roger that. But why would it work sometimes and not work other times? oh well.... ill take it back to the guys.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic