icon

2001 jeep cherokee, door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dinodon1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

I need help with connecting wires to door locks , Bought a commando ke-30i  keyless entry with starter kill and it didnt have clear instructions on the wiring of the power door locks.I know where the signal wires are but use relays or not? The product came with one relay for the starter kill function only.If i use relays how do i wire them in? 2001 jeep cherokee without factory alarm.

Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

is it a cherokee or grand cherokee.  they both have two different lock systems.

"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
Installer_mss 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
neither are fun by the way
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
dinodon1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
its not a grand just a regular cherokee
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

Negative trigger locks  ORANGE / purple lock------pink/purple unlock. location drivers kicks or at the module to the right of the steering column. Always verify with a dmm prior to conecting....

dinodon1 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

Use relays or No?  commando ke-30i keyless entry w/starter kill. I  know how to wire it without relays but need help with a diaghram to use relays to the unlock and lock trigger from the alarm 

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 03, 2007 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

Well knowing how to wire the relays..... hmmmm. I looked at the install manual on line. This unit has negative lock triggers, AND posative triggers. Use the negative for how I suggested wiring your relays.

pin 87 to ground

pin 86 to 12volts

pin 85 negative trigger from your unit

pin 30 output to the lock/unlock wires.

pin 87a not used

Installer_mss 
Posted: July 04, 2007 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
i must have somehow got the wrong diagram...my bad.  cherokee is normal...grand cherokee is a pain
harrisell1 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking of locking systems, mine just started doing this. I have 99 jeep cherokee classic with the autopage 860 driver door priority and when I'm driving, the drivers door starts getting signals to unlock. It's not all the time. I haven't open up the door panel yet to see if something is touching but for now I want to go into the program and take off the ignition unlock.  Is there a target area I need to look first to see what is causing this.
electronics

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic