icon

2004 dodge ram sirius rcvr to 2006 dodge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jurish 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
I want to move the receiver from my 2004 dodge ram to my new 2006 ram pickup. I have extracted the receiver from the 04 and the receiver from the 06 and sadly they are different. The main power/data connector is the same but the antenna port is different. I tried to hook up the o4 box to the 06 and although the power/audio plug fits, the head unit wont acknowledge the presence of the 04 receiver. I suspect a subtle pinout change, something I could fix myself if I just know the pinout of the P/N 280280057 receiver..
Does anybody have that info? I have the pinout on the 04' box. Dodge was nice enough to put a sticker with it on there.
Jay Urish W5GM
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
My guess is that it's NOT a pin-out difference, which yes, you could possibly change. I suspect (while the same manufacturer) a firmware difference, which you cannot change.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Everything from the 04 has to go into the 06 to make it work. Also if you 06 has the infinity system,  your problem gets even worse. The Infinity has only left and right audio at the radio. Fading is done at the amp through a data connection between the amp and the radio. Also the 04 radio does not have the Data connection to turn on the infinity amp.

Intergrating the 04 into the 06 might not be difficult for me, it is not a task for a beginner.

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan
jurish 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
I am not a rookie when it comes to electronics. I have been an Extra Class radio op since I was 15. I think the biggest help would be the pinout of the 06 receiver.
I don't think I have the infinity system. I don't have an external amp that I know of and I only have 4 speakers (in doors)
Jay Urish W5GM
ranger svo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

OK if there is an amp it will be above the glove box. If not things got simple. Replace the 06 Radio with the 04 and everything should work right. The pin out for the 04 and the 06 are the same unless its Infinity.

I will double check that when I got to work in the morning. But either way the 04 radio needs to go into the 06.

Augustus de Morgan
ranger svo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

Here is what I have in my notes for 05 06 Dodge PU  A couple of things to note here, if  Data 1 is present then Data 2a and 2b are not. The reverse is also true. I have not seen a dimmer wire on these trucks yet so I am gonna assume that dimmer control is data controlled.

Also, if Data 1 is present,  I have not seen a remote turn on wire yet.

If you see or notice anything please let me know. So far I have only worked on 10 or 12 of these trucks.

2004 dodge ram sirius rcvr to 2006 dodge - Last Post -- posted image.

Augustus de Morgan
jurish 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2007 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Is that the stereo pinout or the sirius receiver pinout?
Looks like too many pins for the sirius box.
Jay Urish W5GM
ranger svo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think I have the pin out for the sirius tuner. But you shouldnt need it. Install the 04 radio in the 06. Its a simple process. First you need to determine which data interface you will need. The interface depends on whether there are 2 data wires or 1. Wire in the data interface (I dont remember the number) to a plug 71-6502. The 04 radio will come up and work. And so will the sirius.

Any audio shop can provide you with the materials you need to do this. Its a simple install.

Augustus de Morgan
jurish 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Here is another twist, Are there any aftermarket am/fm/cd/mp3/sirius headunits that will talk to the 04 sirius tuner?
Jay Urish W5GM

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic