icon

dei blue alarm led's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slamdaccord 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

where can i find these? i need them still with the plug to plug into the alarm brain for a viper alarm i have and a python alarm i have...i would need 3..i'm going to put 2 in my next car...the only ones i can find are the ones that come with resistors to hook up to 12volts but i need them for an alarm ONLY

slamdaccord 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
slamdaccord wrote:

where can i find these? i need them still with the plug to plug into the alarm brain for a viper alarm i have and a python alarm i have...i would need 3..i'm going to put 2 in my next car...the only ones i can find are the ones that come with resistors to hook up to 12volts but i need them for an alarm ONLY

**this is also an additional post..i forgot to ask this question before submitting:**

to hook up to alarm leds together to flash at the same time..i was told i just have to take the 2nd led and wire them in series..so take the blue from the 2nd led and tap into the red wire from the first and the red wire from 2nd led to the blue wire from the first

is this correct?

kinetisphere 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
no paralell is the way to go
dude that's a bunch of wires!
dreamerize 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2007 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
How many blue dei leds can you wire in parallel? I currently have two wired up in parallel. Could you just add as many as you want? or would that fry the brain of the alarm?
kinetisphere 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
yes it can fry the output.   your best bet is after 2 you can do 4 in a series parallel config.   i would'nt go past 4 off the brain. you can get a DEI part that has 5 outputs on the unit then wire up each output in parallel.  you will end up with a total of 10 led's i hope this helps you out.
dude that's a bunch of wires!
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
You could purchase blue led's from radio shack and then figure out from specs on volts to how many you can hook up with what resistance and use the led out to fire a relay that would flash them off relay output.
4 LEDs exactly with value of forward voltage of 2v and at 30ma
+12.8V     source voltage
wire in series with a 27 ohm resistor. Then wire relay with 87 to 12v+ and 85 and 86 to the led out and 30 to supply the led's at resistor and ground the led series connection. You can bench test to see if this setup will work for you.
techman93 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
Additionally if you wire led's off unit you may need to add resistance to keep the resistance the same. You can use two led's parallel and add a resistor to each positive side if the output voltage is 3v+ and each led takes 2v at 20ma each led will need a 56 ohm resistor. check this website for further assistance...
led wiring wizard
techman93 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
also a transistor instead of relay due to lower current draw.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic