icon

2007 honda crv, power windows open/close

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
i've successfully been able to do remote open and close of 3 pwr windows on this vehicle, but not the driver's window. i've found what i'm fairly certain to be the window motor wires, but when i open up the wire and apply +12V to the motor side, it moves but ends up blowing the fuse (30 amps). thank goodness i put in a fuse for testing to begin with! anyone had experience dealing with this issue?
thanks in advance for your help!
all problems can be resolved with a hammer
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2007 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
LF Window Up RED / YELLOW (REV) DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH 
 LF Window Dn RED / BLUE (REV) DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH

This is the info i have for the '07 CRV

does it correspond with the wires you've found?

The search function is your friend.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
You are doing this back to front, first see which wire goes pos on up, CUT the wire then give the juice to the motor side. If I correctly read what you were doing you were applying a voltage without cutting a wire which would be sitting at ground, hence the fuse blow. Cut the wire nearest possible to motor to avoid one-shot mechanism.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help, guys.
peterubers:
the wiring colors that i've found don't match up to what you've posted, so i'll have to go and have another look again. don't have the car with me, so it won't be immediate. from my memory though, i don't recall seeing wires with those colors that you've posted.
i've looked at the switch and at the motor itself. from my memory, the ones that i've found are pink and grey. motor has 5 or 6 wires going into it, actually. i may have to take it apart to find the actual true motor wires....maybe there's a small circuit board inside the motor housing assembly. won't be easy since it think i need to take out the glass and window regulator in order to get at it.
howie II:
actually, i have cut the wires that i've found to apply +12v onto the motor side. notice that i managed to get the 3 other windows to work?
all problems can be resolved with a hammer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic