icon

what to go to school for

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pioneerfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

What would i go to school for installing car audio or anything like that.  or is there even a school

idk thank you

Jake

bradybuck 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Where in the USA do you live?
You could try a local community college electronics program.
I receives a AAS degree (associate of applied science) in electronics technology from a community college and i learned plenty enough to get the job done.
You can go to a four year college ($$$$) and go as far as you want go.
Also you can go to specialized schools.
check out these links:
https://installerinstitute.com/
http://www.mobiledynamics.com/
http://www./schools.cfm?Car_Audio=Car+Audio+and+Mobile+Electronics+Installation+Schools
Let me know.
Later
pioneerfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Im from Burlington Wisconsin......not sure where to go around here. hopefully not far but if one is closest im goin.. this is my future i really want to do this for a careerwhat to go to school for - Last Post -- posted image.
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a list of MECP approved and recommended schools:

http://www.mecp.com/links.asp

I loved the Acoustic Edge School in Houston... The classes are small and the teachers spend individual time with everyone. Also since they are in a school regulated state, (TX) They have to maintain a minimum quality of standard in order to stay open.

The same goes for the Snake Pit in California.

Check each link and see what you like... My recommendation though is to stay out of Arizona... there are no regulations there and most of the schools there (that I am aware of at least, such as Mobile Dynamics) focus primarily on theory training instead of hands on.

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2007 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
I would recommend going to college and becoming an Electrical Technologist, it only takes 3 years but you have a LOT of electrical knowledge, then if you still want to be an installer, go to one of the installation schools and just focus on fabrication, you will have more electrical smarts than the teacher.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
ranger svo 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2007 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
I would recommend going to college and becoming an Electrical Technologist, it only takes 3 years but you have a LOT of electrical knowledge, then if you still want to be an installer, go to one of the installation schools and just focus on fabrication, you will have more electrical smarts than the teacher.

I agree. Have something real to fall back on. I have an Associates in Electronic Technology and I will graduate this year with a Bachelors in Mathematics. The point is get a real education. I have been an installer for 12 years and its a good job. But be realistic, things happen and in todays world, I woundn't wanna be looking for work with no education. MECP is not an education, it won't transfer as college credits in any university that I am aware of.

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning but imagination.
Augustus de Morgan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic