icon

alpine type x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chaos420 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Any opinions on the alpine type-x subs?  I was thinking of getting a pair of the 12".
archemedes 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine doesn't make any bad products. Those are good subs. I just think there are some just as good or better for less money (completely opinion though)
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
My friend has two of these in a ported box each powered by an Alpine MRD-1001.
These subs are more oriented towards sound quality. They sound really clean and tight...smooth deep bass...SPL is pretty good but what can you expect from an SQ sub...compromises
chaos420 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
They are listed pretty expensive, but i found a distributer of these pricing these subs @ around $320 instead of the listed $500
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

chaos420 wrote:
They are listed pretty expensive, but i found a distributer of these pricing these subs @ around $320 instead of the listed $500

Where...... I want some! P.M. me with some info!

chaos420 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2007 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
No Manufacturers warranty on anything you buy from this place. I would be very careful.
There is no such thing as free installation!
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
No Manufacturers warranty on anything you buy from this place. I would be very careful.

Yea really.  You might not even get a real Alpine sub.  Jeeze.

Anyway, call around a bit or try Alpine's website and find a bricks&mortar store.  Get the $300/woofer in cash and go down to the store and be like "I give you cash now for a pair" and they'll say "okay."  Stay away from any store that has more than 4 or 5 locations.  They have usually have the wrong attitude.

Buying car stereo equipment is like buying a car.. there is the MSRP... and a real price.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
No manufacturers warranty and a warratny through them totaly at their discretion. Support your local audio shop.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2007 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
And, the man asked for OPINIONS on the Type X.
Never having heard them, I can't speak for it overall, but Bob (tcss) tells me that they make "mechanical" noises, like rear vent pole breating or something like that...
Their painful inefficiency would make ME look elsewhere, as well. The 10 NEEDS a kW to run it effectively. A kW to one 10" woofer... Wrong, man... just wrong. Oh, wait. I'VE done that! I forgot about the Eclipse Ti 10"! LOL (...except I ran 2700w to mine! alpine type x - Last Post -- posted image. )
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic