matrix 50.5, remote start, passive arming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mando_p 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hola folks,
I wanted to post the questions to the experts. Here we go!!
I have an 06 Honda Odyssey (Touring) with a Clifford Matrix 50.5 installed, along with the HODL3 and PKH3 modules from 12voltshop.
Here is my dilemma...(Note - Alarm is configured for passive arming)
1. I remote start the van with alarm armed. Starts and works fine.
2. With the remote, I disengage the alarm and doors unlock and the factory alarm is also disengaged. At this point, the alarm starts it's 30 second count down to arming.
4. I open the sliding door and load up the kids. Passive arming is suspended at this point.
5. I close the door. Passive arming starts again. Remember car is still remote started.
6. I open the driver door and enter and insert and turn key to "on" position. Passive arming starts again UNLESS I press the brake pedal within 30 seconds. NOT GOOD!
In the past, I've had Clifford AvantGuards (3 and 4) and, when the car is remote started and the alarm disengaged, the passive arming sequences never resumes again unless the engine is turned off (either with the remote or manually). This is NICE!.
Now, with the Matrix, is there a way so that, once I remote start the Ody and disengage the alarm, to not have it resume passive arming until the engine is shut off?
Is there something I'm missing here?
Thanks in advance!
phonymike 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  

I don't see why anyone would put their keys in a remote started vehicle, turn them to 'on', and not drive off within 30 seconds. to each his own. the only work around I can see is either disable passive arming, or passive locking which may lock your keys in. or simply leave the door open when you put the keys in and turn them to on, thus resetting the 30 second countdown indefinately. or just tap the brake. or don't put your keys in the ign until ready to drive the vehicle. any of these methods are easier and certainly cheaper than trying to rig up a key sensor that would do what you're talking about.

also I remember as a youngster, my mother would stop at a gas station, to grab beers or whatever. she'd take the keys with her and leave me in the car. during this special time the alarm would passively arm. if I or my friends in the car with me were to move enough to set off the shock sensor thus the alarm, I would get a harsh scorn from my loving mom. this is how our family solved this problem. you will realize that the alarm is looking out for your kids in the car. if your kids are in the back, and 30 seconds later you're still not around to drive off, it'll at least let you know if they're getting out, someone else is getting in, or they're causing a disturbance in the vehicle. sounds good to me!

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
This won't prevent the alarm from rearming, but it will give you up to 60 seconds after disarming instead of 30 seconds.
Hook up the domelight supervision output directly to the drivers door trigger wire. When you unlock, the alarm will see the drivers door open for the first 30 seconds. After 30 seconds if all doors are closed it will then begin the 30 second countdown. No relay necessary, just hook up the domelight supervision wire to the wire listed below.
HONDA, ODYSSEY, 2006, Door Trigger
The individual door trigger wires are at the rear of the driver fuse/relay box in the driver kick. The LF door is green in a 16 pin plug, pin 15

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic