icon

audio cuts out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tazdevil2575 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

I have been driving myself nutty tracing everything to fix this. The radio has static and the sound cuts out. The thing is it only does it with the car running. If I shut the car off its fine. Also if I run the car and disconect power to the amp it stops.

This is what I have

pioneer 5800 hu, Mtx thunder 502 amp, 2 lanzar 12 dual voice coil 800 watt subs, and all the cables are monster cable. I have 4 guage power and ground.

I have changed the battery and had the alt tested several times. Even tried moving the wiring to make sure it wasnt picking up noise from the power to the rca. So now I have the power and remote on lead on the right and the rca on the left. The ground it bolted in the trunk. Also the car is a 92 mazda protege. I have had several systems and have installed alot of them and never ran into this issue before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed

tazdevil2575 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
Just to let you all know if you ever have a issue like this one. It turned out to be the igniton switch. Seems the internal contacts were dirty and it caused the radio to get decreased power to it. When the key was giggled around the voltage would go up and would become a true 12volt power source.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic