icon

whats the best setup out right now?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sikdmax 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
The vehicle is an 07 Chevy Duramax truck..... is the Viper 791XV the best out there right now for 2 way alarm with remote start? Been out of the scene for a couple years and thats what Ive used in the past. What cool add ons are there... window roll up/down modules, sunroof, interior motion, etc. etc.?
Basically, if money was no option, what kind of vehicle security system would you build? Thanks
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Viper 5900, upgraded version of 791xv. The upgraded feature include 1-mile range. Everything else is pretty much the same.
a good setup would include:
SECURITY
-tilt sensor(mercury or roller ball)- ppl nowadays will steal your car by towing.
-glass beak sensor(s)
-backup battery or backup battery siren
Accessory
Windows modules are great, 530t
sunroof is pretty useless, IMO, but 529t
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
my choice is the astrostart 5204 or 2205 with alarm add on kit. theyre not cheap but they are bulletproof
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
If money was no option... I would take:
Viper 5000 with glass break sensor and tilt sensor.
Hook up every trigger (hood, door, trunk <-microwave sensor for your truck bed instead).
With remote start add-on unit.
Back up battery too.
DEI window module or Audiovox window module (both the same)
Viper 5000 isnt the best range (compared to Viper 5900), but i just like the LCD.
I would also paint the remote casing the color of my car too.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
sikdmax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies so far. Is there a website I can look at all the add on accessories like the microwave sensor, etc? Id like to plan out exactly what would be best for me. Thanks
phonymike 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

if want to see me rant about my viper 5900 go here. before I bought everything, I pretty much browsed these forums seeing what everybody has and recommends (this place is the best!) I got all my stuff off amazon.com, I think you can just search for DEI. I would search these forums for a while if I were you, I went with viper because it's the only alarm my family and friends have, plus DEI makes all the products so it was easy to get the stuff without excessive searching. here's what I got

• 506T glass sensor (make a psssst sound inside the car and the alarm fires off)
  • 520T battery backup (cut my battery wire, triggers the alarm and it still keeps wailing!)
  • 530T window automation (2 windows, close when armed, vent or all the way down by remote)

for some reason I thought the 5900 came with an onboard tilt sensor, it does not. I would still like to get the digital tilt sensor 507M or older 507T. that way if someone jacks the car up to take the rims gently, the shock sensor may not pick it up but the tilt sensor will.

the only thing I would not recommend, based on my two experiences, is the DEI immobilizer bypass modules. the one for my car flashes the immobilizer light the whole time while driving, so I removed the factory bulb. works perfectly other than that but the bulb thing irks me. on a grand am the module works maybe 1 out of 10 times. it's hooked up right, but I read up on these forums that it's not the most reliable thing. so if your key has a chip in it, and you need an immobilizer bypass, search these forums for the best product.

make sure the hood and trunk inputs are used. a buddy of mine had someone do his, they did no hood pin switch and did not even hook up his factory trunk switch. I showed him, car armed, we opend the trunk and ran off with his umbrella!

sikdmax 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Readin on woofersetc and see the Viper 791, 5000 and 5900 listed. I know of the 791xv, and I thought the 5000 is basically identical to it but the longer range thing included. Now I see the 5900, which it says retails for several hundred more, but on sale. What are the differences in these alarms? Thanks
Link to 5000:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5173
Link to 5900:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5137

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic