icon

door open report from alarm brain

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2007 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a scytek 5100-2w into the Acura 2001 3.5RL, every worked just fine until driver's rear window regulator broken. Then I replaced the new one so I have to open up the door to get access to the inside. Problem kicks in after the replacement. All my courtesy lighs of all 4 door stayed on even the door is fully closed. I took off the bulb off all 4 doors so the battery won't die. For electrical related issue, it keeps sending a signal to the alarm for door open report, and the alarm won't trigger when I opened the door.  Someone telling me that it must be a bad door switch that not fully ground. How would I test for the bad door switch, and can I connect straight to the domelight wire instead of door trigger. I need help and the wire color directly to dome and its polarity to solve this alarm to trigger when the door is opened. The domelight delay when the door is closed too, would I need extra relays for this to work. Or could any body give me any idea how to solve the courtesy light problem.Help please,
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2007 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
If switch is outside of door such as at jamb or shut, then simply disconect to see if problem persists. If it is inside door, you,ve done something wrong reassembling door electrical connections, pulled wire, shorting to ground etc.
minhbach 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried to disconnect that door and it still give me the same problem. When I changed the regulator, I plugged the connect to the wrong one because it is the same. But I already corrected it, but the light still not goes off when the door is closed. It happened to all 4 doors, not just that specific door only. How to fix this problem, please help.
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

This may sound stupid but did you set your light switch to work with the door switches. If not the problem must be where you were working cause if everything was fine before you worked on it, it must be there. Check to see if the wire connecting to the door switch isnt damaged and touching metal example maybe the window damaged it, you damaged it, it can be many things. It has to be something like that. Some new cars have the door switch  where the door grabs the metal bar keep it closed dont know how to explain it but its in the door (NEAR) the key cylinder.

the duce

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic