icon

2 subs in one box with no divider

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevesrcworld 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
well they give a wide range in airspace 1-2 cf. so how big should i make the box for one sub? i take it no one likes audiobahn although they have won many competitions. i guess they just bought there way to a win. so tell me how much airspace it should be for the best sound for one crappy audiopoop 12.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
i haven't seen them win any competitions lately
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

I miss chris...sorry back on topic...

If I get a wide range for something and can't get in contact with the manufacture and nobody else seems to know, then I will hit right in the middle. 1.5? When you reconfigured your box did you take into consideration the displacement of the woofer? if not then the 1.945 on that you have would probably fit into the right range. The only hands on audiobahn experiance has been putting them into a prefab box. I have never had anyone want a custom box for their subs.  You can always make it too big and then just fill it with spray foam insulation until it sounds good.

stevesrcworld 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
cool thanks for the help. i may just sell them and get some different sub's. what do you guy's think would be two good one's for this airspace? i don't want to break the bank just something pretty decent. which one sounds better tens or twelves?
chicknwing88 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
steve...to 12s will push more air..thus more bass...like i suggested before...shallow mount pioneer 12s would be ur best bet...you said you have a total of very close to 2 cubes...each of the shallow mounts air designed for an air space between .5 and 1 cube...therefore two would have to be at 1-2 cubes...i suggest 2 of them...but thats just me...i may be running two of them in my dads 88 c/k standard cab pick up...seeing as there is only a few inches back there =)
chicknwing88 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
<a href=“http://www.supercrewsound.com”>Supercrewsound.</a>
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic