icon

flip out, 2004 mercedes c230 kompressor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2007 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone on here done one? i'm familiar with installing as I have done it for 5 years but never did many mercedes... Its for a guy in my area who is a singer and heading for the big time soon so he's got the $ to back up the install... any help is welcomed!
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
with all the high end installs people on here have done no replies?!!?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

If that's the sedan, then I don't see why it would be a problem. As far as I can remember it's a single din opening with a fairly flat dash above the radio.

Here, I searched for a picture on the web to see what it looked like and found one with a double din install

docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
yes this should be kno problem we just did a 2003 c class and wass vbery easy what do you need to know
never stop
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
The guy wants to put the radio below his factory one becuase it has the phone in it? did you just solder on to the harness or does metra make a harness for the c230 kompressor? what about the factory amplifiers? What color are the wires? I know he will not be able to keep his factory radio with the phone if he wants an indash below that one also... It looks identical to the one in the pic!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Get rid of that stock deck, you will probably need a metra 1784 or 1784r with low level coneections. As far as phone kits go, either get one that is an add on for your flip out piece, like the pioneer bt kit or alpine bt kit (not sure what unit you are using), or sell the guy a parrot kit on top of the fold out, I thought he was heading for the big time?
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
ohhh yeah btw... we have no parts in stock at a local store I bet and he wants it done like yesterday as most people with money do...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic