icon

2002 ford explorer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Autosexual 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a DEI remote start in a 2002 Ford Explorer and I have a 1100x bypass but i tsays:

2002 Ford Explorer
Category:Immobilizer Bypass
Required:Yes
Type:SecuriLock
Part#:XK04
Notes:When using the 1100X, a software change to 1100FM is needed.
Alternates:1100F/1100X, 556SW, 556UW, DesignTech 20402, DesignTech 29402
what is the 1100fm, and what are the software changes?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
ok whats your question????  If your confused, dont be.  The XK04 is another module that DEI is promoting since they recently aquired a company that sells these bypasses.  if you note, the 1100x needs its software changed via the program that you download on directechs.  You do need to the usb boot cable to change the software.
Autosexual 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
what is the 1100fm?
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Its a software.  The 1100X works with many vehicles but needs to be programmed to work with specific cars.  That 100fm is the software that changes the 1100x to work with ford vehicles...

Autosexual 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

So is the 1100f the same as the 1100x, should I use a different module like the 556sw if I do not have the 1100fm software?  Does the 556sw require a key to be cut?

thanks this is good info.

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Where did you get that module....maybe you can go back and get it flashed through where you bought it..  With a 556sw you need 2 keys that are able to turn on the car to program only....the same goes for the 1100x.  Do you have 2 keys????If you have 1 then you need another just to program the module.  If you need any help dont hesitate to ask.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 01, 2007 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
Like others here have mentioned, the first thing is that you have to have two good keys for that Explorer no matter what.
If you only have one key right now, unfortunately, you'll want to have another one made.
I personally haven't installed an 1100X, or an XK04. They both require that several careful wire connections be made to the car.
The 556S is simply a 556U (the universal, key-in-the-box style bypass module), with a blank Ford key already installed inside.
If you already have a 556U or similar, you can make your own 556S by just putting a Ford key inside. It can even be a used key from the junkyard, and it doesn't matter if it's Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln, but it must have the long-style head, like your Explorer key does.
My preference would be for one of those last two options, because they are easier to install, less intrusive to the car, and cheaper.
However, Fords are especially sensitive to where you place that wire ring around the key cylinder, especially in cold areas----the wired-in solutions don't have that problem.
Autosexual 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys this is good info.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
we would use a ppkf1 on that vehicle. 5 wire data hookup.. pretty simple, just follow the instructions.. you can get these from bypasskit.  same as a flashed xk04.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
vitrox wrote:
we would use a ppkf1 on that vehicle. 5 wire data hookup.. pretty simple, just follow the instructions.. you can get these from bypasskit. same as a flashed xk04.
Not trying to step on toes here, but if using the bypasskit.com interfaces the PKF1 does not work on that 02 Explorer...the PKU-F2 (uses a ring like a universal bypass) and the PKF3 (ties into the data wires) will work. As stated earlier, both of these bypasses require 2 working keys to program.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic