the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

jl sub, testing, ohms, enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

supracrx wrote:
got a new box today n it still rattles BUT i tried adjusting the gain a bit and when turned down it goes away.....so i guess it was clipping?? not sure wat clippind sounded like but it def sounded like a rattle. so does that mean the amp isn't good enough or the sub is done? its the jl 10w3v2 w/ a bazooka 300/1 amp......

It just means that the amplifier gain was turned up too high.  Just because you can't turn it up all the way doesn't mean that something is broken.  This is because it isn't a volume control.  It is there to match the amplifiers gain structure with the head units output voltage.  That way both the amplifier and head unit clip at the same time and you maximize your available clean power. 

supracrx 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2007 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok i do think its the tinsel leads...just one i mean ONE got a little loose. i mean it was one of the terminals going to the wire of a VC. the wire goes to some backing plate and that terminal was just a little loose. i guess when it was turnedup it was rattling around. well its at night and i couldn't make sure if that was the problem. didnt want to turn it up but yea. i'll let u guys know tm.
BTW if it is that what is the proper way to stick it back? im not sure if the super glue is ok....
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic