the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

jeep to shop and the alarm is the cause?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
from your posts it sounds like there is a blown fuse in the vehicle. If the vehicle cranks and doesn't start and no power at diagnostic plug, then there is a power issue somewhere. A direct question for the dealer you should ask or maybe they told you, did the dealer scanner not power up at all or did it power up and the scanner couldn't establish communication with the computer. If the scanner didn't power up at all, the first thing the dealer should have done was check all the fuses. If there is no communication with the computer, then it could be a cut wire or a bad computer. I had a couple of chrysler cars blow the ignition fuse on a rainy day for whatever reason that didn't even have aftermarket equipment on them. Replaced fuse and was just fine. What area do you live in?
My rifle is my friend...
OrkinYards 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

It would not power up their equipment and they blamed it all on the alarm - I tested and it did not have ground for whatever reason, I grounded that wire however I am still very curious as to why it didn't have ground.

They have since come back and say that they can power up their equipment but don't have communication with the engine and that the computer needs replaced, I happened to have the factory computer (i had a mopar performance replacement in there) and haven't heard back since then so hopefully this morning there will be good news, but the way this has gone so far I am not very opptomistic about it.

I am in Nashville, TN - I really wondered the same thing about the fuse....I checked the ones under the hood but didn't think there would be one inside that was going to be tied to the ignition system and all that, could be wrong though...

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9
harrisell1 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the crank senor on the bell housing went bad. If it's cranking but not turning over.
electronics
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

90% of the guys (techs, they call themselves) at the stealerships..... if it's not in the book....it doesn't exist!.

Come on boys.... troublshoot.  This is the problem with "book", or "flat" rate! In too big of a hurry to get on to the next job.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic