icon

Which face?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
942drYukon 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
My old system got jacked, so now I'm starting over, I have a max of 700$ for a face, I don't wanna skimp on the quality, I'm doing this system right from the get go.  I was looking at the Alpine 7897, anyone have any problems w/ this face?  What would you all suggest for a face?  I do need something that plays mp3 cds.  Don't need anything overly fancy, but I like the auto close feature cus I'm too lazy to take the face plate off every time I stop.
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Check out the pioneer stuff:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarAlbum/0,1427,40~4020~4020100,00.html
Eclipse has a new line of HU's out but they havent updated their website.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/
crvz 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

i had the 7998, but i got rid of it for the 7897.  there difference between the radios is not worth the price difference (even at cost).  regardless, the 7897 is probably my favorite radio ive had in my car.  thats saying quite a bit seeing as how ive had the ivac801 with dvd changer.  if you have any specific questions abotu the operation or use, feel free to write me an email.

crvz@houston.rr.com

lagatbezan 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

i like pioneer myself!  check out dehp840 or 740... very nice radios, both play mp3 and great sound.

IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

pioneer and alpine both have really nice decks for that price, either will do.  I would go with pioneer premier just for the extra years warranty.  Most radios at that price do all the same things, it just visual appeal at that point.

-Cy

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

I like Pioneer and have found they often offer the best price vs. performance ratio but Alpine also makes good head units and would not hesitate to recommend either brand.  It can kind of be a toss up unless one brand has a particular feature that the other one doesn't, and like IronCy says, once you get past like 500 bucks most of the decks have pretty much the same features.  They may call them by different names but they usually end up sounding pretty much the same.

Given your budget, I personally would pick the Pioneer 8400MP just because I prefer the display to the alpine's display, and it's also about 50 bucks less.  Also worth noting is that the pioneer has better support/options for mp3 files, but for some people that isn't important.  You can't really go wrong with either unit but like I said my pick would be that pioneer.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
I suggest you check out www.SonicElectronx.com for some awesome deals on car audio, large selection on mp3 plays

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic