icon

07 mustang gt alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cferia 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for reading, I will be installing an alarm in my 07 Mustang, I used to install like 5+ years ago, I was wondering if anything has changed since then, also from the wire diag I have found on this site it says the door have a neg. trigger? so can I just reun the - wires from the alarm to have them work the door locks?  when I used to install most of the Jap cars were like that all american cars were either 3-wire + or 5 wire +

Next the door trigger? can i just hook up to the dome light? or is there 1 for each door? what polarity is the door trigger? used to be + but I noticed on the wire diag. it says they are now -??

Last I dont have a factory alarm, onle the transponder key I think ford calls it.  Does this mean I will not have to hook up the starter kill relay/circuit?

Thanks for reading!!

eric-tech 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

Yes technology has evolved a lot since 5 years.  Starters, alarms, bypass modules the works.  What you need to know is now you are not messing with a car you are messing with computers on a network.  No big deal but keep in mind that it s not like back in the days when everything use to work on high current.  Now almost everything work negative driving relays or multiplex using resistors.  Now take as an example this Mustang (door pins)  test negative when the doors are closed and test nothing (open) when the door is opened!!!  Kinda funny!!!!

Anyways let me know if you have any questions..

Eric

Take your time, a solution is just around the corner :-)
cferia 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 5:27 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for the reply, thats what I thought, so would you say its easier or more difficult to install now?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Eric tech you are so right but the reason they test open is in the old days you would be getting feed back from the bulb filament in the dome light etc. Now it goes through the processor, yes to original questions but remember to diode block and isolate the door contacts, the trunk is still mpositive and the hood needs a new  (another) pinswitch because the factory unit goes neg when hood closed and open circuit when opened!
luckydawg003 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
What wires did you use for your trunk? I can't use my alarms -blue wire to my cars +WHITE/ yellow trunk pin wires. Any Ideas? Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic