icon

i broke my speaker boxes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
on the head rest tvs the orginal mounts that came with them are for the newer models which have the 2 spoke bracket mounts which are for newer cars but my car headrest is just one bracket and what kind of glue did you use on your sub boxes. the full range alpine was taken out a week after they were installed due to wieght restrictions on the lid.   The cloth on the front grills is a upgrade to the faded plastic grills that are they remeber the car is 21 yrs old, also on the wood work you are going to critize go ahead but at least so your when you have to throw rocks at mine. but you can say erector set on my headrest mounts. If you had read my page to its content I'm going to wrap some wood around my tvs on my headrest. If I did like the shop does when they install tvs into headrest they cut an x remove some of the backing and stick the tv in place with velco or glue and I used metal on mine to security reasons and because I want me devices secure. Keep in mind the metal is only framework and won't be seen when the wood is wrapped around it. let me know if you all have any suggestions on how to help me make a stronger box;)
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I use Titebond...pretty much all of the wood glues have the same bonding strength.
I am not doubting your wood working skills...from your profile your skills are pretty good...and i can tell you like to stain wood.
What steps do you take when building a sub box???
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
im understand what you are saying i might just reverse the setup of my subs so the chrome well show . i have the trunk completly  sealed.
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
Brianas 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

when ever its possible, i internally brace my sub enclosures with 2x4's

when im building them. you might try stepping up to 1" mdf, but doubling all

your panels will drastically increase the weight. In the roughly 100-150 custom

box's ive built over the years, ive had 0 failures. i suspect a split piece of mdf

or forced panel during construction. be sure to predrill your holes if your screwing.

g/l

still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
thanks i predrilled mine  also though of making the top and or side plexiglass so i can lightin the load on my trunk, because im going to cover the boxes when they are finished with grain, ill post the pics of the broke boxes when i take them out cause there still in the car  because i havent came up with a new design to maximize my bass and storage space. any comments suggestions
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.