icon

all lights out, 1999 pontiac grand am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silfies 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
1999 pontiac grand am se and the dash light ,door lights ,shifter and radio light dont work after radio wires was cut
Cynthia A Silfies
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

hate to say it but have you checked your fuses?

two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
You connected the radio's ground wire to the car's illumination lead, and blew the fuse. Replace the fuse, remove the radio's ground wire, and connect it to the chassis, and all will be fine!
Also, why'd you cut the harness? For about 9 dollars you can buy a harness adapter to prevent that from happening.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
silfies 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I have and all good
Cynthia A Silfies
silfies 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Oh Boy     My son put in a CD player and thought he had to cut them     He took CD player back out and now I have the mess to clean up I thought I checked all the fuses and was all good  I'm an old lady tell me jusy cut the ground and mount it to the chassie where right behind the radio    I tried working on it today and I solderdthe wires to the right colors and know I dont have turn signals and Tail light    Thanks Cindy
Cynthia A Silfies

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic