bose amp output power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jlemoine 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys,

i'm looking at adding some tweeters to my 2004 chevy silverado with bose system, and i was wondering if anyone knew how much power the bose amp actually put out. Also, i wouls like to put an amp and a sub in my truck. i know the line output convreter would work, but should i hook it up before the bose amp or after, thanks for the help

Jason

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2007 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
5 watts, I think.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
...and after.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jlemoine 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
5 watts? kinda makes you wonder what the point is....also i know some of the bose equipped vehicle have a sub included, i have read it is usually located in the center console, is their a way to know for sure without taking it apart. I have the ability to take it apart, but i was looking for an easier solution to my question. 
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
I am sure your Bose amplifier is more than 5 watts per channel.  Since we should Share the knowledge of the12volt forums.  When the installers get here I will try to get you some info on your Line Out converter and sub question.  But till then maybe someone will be able to help you.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

im going on memory here but im thinking that the sub is in the center console. and as far as were to get your signal...im thinking it doesnt really matter because of how hi/low are usually designed but i know when a sub was present we used to pick signal after the amp going to the sub.

as far as power, not sure, i just know its not enough...and as far as adding tweeters im thinking that wont be a good idea because of how proprietary the bose system is...it wont come out good if you do get it working. if i remember right the ohm loads are "wierd" on the bose stuff.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

There is a sub in the center console.  Open the console and grab in the middle of the drink holder, pull it straight up.   Under the drink holder is a larger harness with a smaller one going off towards the passenger side.  These are the wires going to the sub.  Connect the line out converter there.  It is a dual voice coil woffer.  I am getting conflicting info on the polarity of the wires but there are 2 blue and 2 green.  One of each has a stripe on them. 

Maybe someone will know the polarity and be able to help you further.

jlemoine 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
so the sub is located toward the front of the truck, a little forward of that harness? Do all Bose systems usually include the sub?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic