icon

power locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
motormadman617 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
This is what it says on the side of a Hornet 730T. -/+ door lock. Dose this mean it is connected to the + or - no difference? Thanks for educating me and your time.
Move It! Or Loose It!
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
yep, it will work on either without extra relays.
motormadman617 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm has a 3 pin output for locks.I would like to use this to add locks but don't know what plugs into it. Is it a plug from a universal kit.2ground lock/unlock and positive. I would love to wire as minimal as possible meaning if a 3 wire actuator can be wired directly without a CPU of a kit tell me so. If I need to use a door lock module because of the use of a 5 wire actuator thats cool too, just let me know what has to be done.    Thanks buddy
Move It! Or Loose It!
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
usually all DEI products(in my experience anyways) come with all req harnesses. Therefore the 3 pin harness that you are talking about is a GREEN/ blue and one other color which plugs into the brain. i am assuming that this is the harness which you are talking about since it is the only lock/unlock harness which I believe DEI uses. That being said if you do not have the harness then adding locks is pretty much impossible so try and find it or talk to a local shop because they might have some kicking around.
Now as far as hooking them up if you do not already have power locks in the vehicle you will need to buy aftermarket actuators --> you will need to use relays to power the actuators since the brain does not put out enough.   If you already have power locks in the car then just hook up the green and blue to the proper wires(look in the manual to figure out which wire does what in which polarity)
You should also only need to use 2 wires(the blue and the green) the third is not needed. Blue and green are your locks/unlocks(either pos lock/unlock or neg lock/unlock) Just follow the 5-wire actuator diagram on the site to help you out.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Blue is + to lock and - to unlock Green is - to lock and  - to unlock These are VERY LOW Current outputs and you will need DEI 451 plug in relay module to control lock solenoids.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic