icon

making an sq/spl box with no trunk rattles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joemama662 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone have the knowledge on how sub enclosures are made for 4 door sedan type of trunks where the back seats DO NOT fold down? - there is a pass thru hole for skis in the middle of rear back seat, and a rear deck with an 8 inch hole from when i removed the factory sub. my goal is to have this box for my 2 15's give me the most in SQ AND SPL WHILE STOPPING 100% OF ALL MY trunk noise vibrations/rattles that can be heard from outside, standing behind my trunk with bass playing. ive spent about 1000.00 in dynamt material ranging from seeveral boxes of dynaplate, extreme dynamt, dynaliner, extreme liner, tac mat, spray stuff,etc.. ive bought and used them all , not just one but the biggest bulk packs , but many many BULK packs. i really have spent over a 1000.00 in just sound deadening material alone and ITS NOT WORKING. im so sick of this crap, i need a better designed enclosure, someone told me i need to be sealing the box off from the rest of the trunk to keep the pressure from going into the trunk rather than the cabin. that sounded really great but that was wrothless because it was WAY TOO VAGUE, almost no help, but just the thought itself. so i am here now to expand on that idea, if its even possible. this enclosure design  must achieve these 3 things and in the order of importance of  number 1 being the highest and 3 is the least important but id still like to have plenty of number 3 please, thanks  #1- STOP ALL TRUNK NOISES  #2 VERY HIGH SQ bass output  3# achieve the highest SPL given the first 2 desing factors. please help me. my car is a 2004 Acura TL, if that helps to know. i will even pay money thru paypal if thats what it takes for some REAL TOP NOTCH advice. no advice from other amatuers please. thanks

please email me at:   joemama662@yahoo.com

or else i may take forever to respond back to you via this thread. i dont have the time to be checking all of these forums for various threads. thanks

mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
so what is it you want, SQ or SPL? Because you can't have both. You gotta stick with one or the other.
With 15's I am guessing you want SPL, because 15's don't really give you SQ.
Eclipse 8445, Kicker DS60's, Hifonics TXi4400, Eclipse SW6143DVC, and Power Acoustik LT980-2.
joemama662 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
i was planning on using image dynamics IDQ 15 dual 4 ohm for my new setup. i heard for a 15" they were excellent for sq, but im worried that the SPL may not be enough, they do look kinda wuss for a speaker of todays market. how do i put them into my trunk the correct, audiophile's way? also, are you certain there is absolutely no box that would to some extent give me a little of both instead of all one and not the other-sq and spl.  how would my box be designed into my trunk? is it true i need to seal off the gap between enclosue and trunk ?  if so, then which way would my speakers be facing"?
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
joe mama if yu have the room .....i have had good luck with bandpass boxes with the ports firing thru the holes where the factory speakers on the back deck   to stop trunk rattle using factory grilles as covers and u have to seal around the ports very well to keep all sound in the cab trunk rattle problem solved.....bandpass boxes are very large a potential problem in your case with 15 and a small car ..as far as sq   bp boxes have port tube linearity problems and group delay is far worse than a sealed or vented box but if you know what you are doing you can make this bp box sound more than acceptable good luck.....as far as spl and bp boxes gains of 8 yo 10 db in efficiency are not uncommon within the passband ......
jagarcia73 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

I would try maybe an isobaric band pass or just one 15'' speaker  the gain you get from two you may be able to achive with one in a properly desinged band pass...

Jose
CAR AUDIO DEPOT

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic