icon

2007 honda odyssey antenna wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
picc02766 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2007 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L no Nav no Rear Entertainment System.
Hi, looking for info on the Honda factory antenna - the factory antenna harness has a coax (square connector) and an additional conductor (black wire). I know what the coax does but does anybody know what the other conductor is for?
During testing of my install (Kenwood DNX-7100) I connected the antenna (using AI HO-6 adapter cable) leaving the additional conductor unconnected. Reception on AM/FM seemed OK - just not sure what to do with this wire - it has no voltage on it and resistance to ground is in the megohm range.
BTW, the HO-6 adapter did not fit the factory connector! The outer metal shield on the coax cable in the HO-6 is a bit too big to fit thru the plastic guide on the factory connector shell. I removed the factory coax from the factory shell and the HO-6 cable does fit, so I'm just planning to slightly enlarge the opening in the factory plastic shell.
Trying to make everything plug and play so I can easily reinstall the factory radio at trade in time - so far so good including steering wheel controls (SWI-JACK).
May need to make one splice into reverse indicator wire (for backup camera) - anyone know the best place to tap this conductor?
TIA
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
use the Metra 40-HD10 antenna adapter. the black wire in the factory antenna adapter is the antenna amplifier turn on wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic