icon

i to make a relay or set up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mloureirojr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hi...My name is manuel and I just Installed one Compstar Alarm on my wife dodge caravan...I don't if I have to set up one relay for that Or I have to buy What I Want is When the alarm ir armed turn the front lights off or I want to install a DVD Player with LCD scren so Turn off boths I did one time on my pick up truck with couple relays but when the alarm was armed the relay was armed and spending the battery after 6 months my truck almost catch fire Wow was crazy...Like the power windows has a module with just one pulse from the alarm close the windows but What about the light??? and another acessorys that I want install on my wifes car...Thanks

init 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

uhh... yeah...

So, are you saying that, when the alarm is armed, you want the headlights and DVD player to turn off?

The DVD player should turn off when the vehicle is off.  As far as the headlights go, you could wire a relay so that they can only be on when the ignition is on.

I'm not a professional installer. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

Manuel, I'm not being racist but we need to know what you need in clear concise english then we can help you. I've corresponded here with Russians, Israelis, Finns, Mexicans even Americans with no problems. Also make and model of vehicle please.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Well.....first question I have is, who sold you the Compustar? Second is the year?

Next, what is it you are having issue with?

Headlights, DVD, DVD screens, your battery, the power windows....or another accesory.

This is too much to handle in one post....... SO, take a deep breathe and list ONE dilemma at a time.

usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you want to shut off your lights and dvd player with a relay when you turn your alarm on..the problem is the relay would stay energized when you turn your alarm on, assumming you use a ground when armed wire, which will drain your battery..whenever using relays make sure you use a fuse.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic